Monday, October 10, 2022

Tortoise, Pigeon, Dog ; secret of Longevity

 His strange life story and history, and Li Ching-Yuen left the secret of longer life: “Retain a calm heart, sit like a turtle, walk swiftly like a pigeon, and sleep like a dog.” 保持一颗平静的心,像乌龟一样坐着,像鸽子一样快走,像狗一样睡觉。Bǎochí yī kē píngjìng de xīn, xiàng wūguī yīyàng zuòzhe, xiàng gēzi yīyàng kuàizǒu, xiàng gǒu yīyàng shuìjiào.

According to some reports, he lived long because he exercised regularly, properly and sincerely every day for 120 years. 

In 1928, Li Ching-Yuen authored the book “The Old Recipe of Growing Up.”

1. Sit like a turtle 🐢 

https://www.thehealthsite.com/yoga/tortoise-pose-kurmasana-how-to-perform-health-benefits-and-precautions-890595/ 

2. 

https://youtu.be/HqoxwZA1uxE 

3. Walk swiftly like a pigeon. 

Get this: A pigeon cannot focus and walk at the same time. The bird can’t see when it moves, so it has to come to a complete stop in order to refocus.


I am a pigeon. I cannot focus if I’m racing through life. I need to slow down, to stop, in order to refocus and really see.


To live fully in the now, I need to build a pattern of stops into my daily walk.  


I need to live in the slow lane, if I want to live in the now. I want to walk like a pigeon. 


I want to not only see the flowers, but linger long enough to smell them. I want to do more than witness the flags flapping on this Memorial Day; I want to stop long enough to intentionally hear them speak in wind.


I want to be right here, right now, to live in this moment, and to see God — Who is not only omnipresent, but Who is the ever-present I AM. I must slow, so I can focus.

“Time is a relentless river. It rages on, a respecter of no one. And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter time’s swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here. I can slow the torrent by being all here.”

— Ann Voskamp, in “One Thousand Gifts”

4. https://www.petmd.com/dog/wellness/5-dog-sleeping-positions-and-what-they-mean

No comments: