Friday, July 2, 2021

Don't Care Is Not Careless

 Now more than ever, thanks to the internet and social media, people have no problem being jerks and letting their opinions fly. The pool of negativity has grown larger, and deeper.

It’s time to stop caring about what other people think …

 Practical Ways to Not Care What Other People Think.

Let’s jump into these steps to not giving a damn about what others think, and live the life you want.

1. The negative comments someone makes is about them, and not you.

2. Be true to yourself. 

Yes, this is almost painfully cliche, but it’s crucial. 

Once I finally stopped caring so much about what other people thought and followed my heart, my life got significantly better. Never underestimate the beautiful power and freedom that washes over you when you commit to being true to yourself. 

 3. This is your one life. There are no do-overs. 

The most frequent comment has been something along the lines of, “I wish I would have chosen to be happy ”.

All of our stories will end the same. Death is as it may be to acknowledge the fact that we will all die, it can also be liberating. Until then, just live freedom. 

When you can put things into perspective and realize that we only get one life, it makes it easier to stop caring so much about what other people think and be true to yourself. 


4. Think, really think, about the absolute worst case scenario. 

What intimidates you? What’s holding you back from doing the things you want to do? 

Ask yourself this question: What is the absolute worst thing that will happen if you do [insert whatever it is you want to do] ?

The solution is simple: screw what other people think .

And here’s the REAL question we should be asking:


 What is the worst thing that will happen if we don’t do the things that make us happy because we’re concerned with what other people will say/think? 


In short: we won’t do the things that make us happy, and we won’t live life to the fullest. How sad is that? I know, because I’ve done it in the past. I’ve held myself back from doing the things I wanted, all because I was too concerned with what others would think and I missed out on many opportunities as a result. 

The next time you’re hesitant to do something or take a risk because you’re afraid of what other people will think, stop and ask yourself, “What’s the worst case scenario if I do this?” More than likely it’s not that bad. And I can almost guarantee you’ll be worse off if you do/don’t do things because you’re more concerned with what others will think.


 “I’d rather look back on life and say ‘I can’t believe I did that’ than ‘I wish I did that’.”–Richard Branson. Just another ordinary guy. 


 5. Remove sources of negativity, immediately. 

Purge your life of negative, toxic people and resources. Do this yourself. You can’t stop people from being hateful, but you can choose to ignore them and do something meaningful with your time instead.

I keep doing the work that makes me happy. I continue to follow my passion. I choose to make positive, productive, fulfilling decisions with my time.

You should do the same.

That's my opinion, you don't have to be bothered by what I think here. 

 6. Trust a few opinions, but forget the rest. 

There’s freedom in being true to yourself and not caring about what other people think. However, it is important to trust a select few to share their opinions with you, or people you can go to when you need to talk.

Have a few close people you can confide in; people who you know have your best interest at heart.

Personally, I can count on one hand the number of people’s opinions in my life that have an affect on me. 

Don’t waste your time trying to get everyone to like you, because it’s impossible.


 Instead of worrying about who doesn’t like you, focus on being a better person for those who do. Spend your time and energy living an awesome life and using your talents, gifts, and abilities to make the world and people around you better.

Let other people like you not because of who you’re trying to be, but because of who you genuinely are. Or, as I like to say …

 I’d rather be hated for who I truly am than loved for something I’m pretending to be.


Thank you for being you. And thank me for being me. 😉👍🏽


Post Script: Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson is an English business magnate, investor, and author. In the 1970s he founded the Virgin Group, which today controls more than 400 companies in various fields.

No comments: