Saturday, July 15, 2023

Write a Love Letter to Yourself

💌

Write a Love Letter to Yourself


Writing a letter to yourself can help you establish a dialogue with yourself and gain self-awareness about how you're thinking and feeling. 

This, in turn, will help you make choices and take the next steps in your life.


Dear Self,

We've been together since the beginning, and it's thanks to you that I get to experience this life. You are closer to me than anyone, the only one who knows all that I've seen and done. The only one who has witnessed the world through my eyes. Who knows my deepest thoughts. My darkest fears. And my biggest dreams.

We've been through a lot together—everything, in fact. The highest highs, and the lowest lows. You're with me in my greatest moments and the ones I'd like to do over. And no matter what, you've always stuck by me. We are true partners—you are the only one About whom I can say without a doubt that we will always be together.

But in spite of your loyalty, and your caving, I've sometimes ignored you. I haven't always listened when you told me what's best for me or nudged me in the direction I should go. Instead of looking to you, I looked outward, at what others were doing or saying. I distracted myself, so I couldn't hear your voice. Instead of caring for you, I sometimes pushed too hard. And yet you’ve never abandoned me. You’ve always forgiven me. And you’ve always welcomed me home, without judgment or criticism.

For all of that, I thank you. Thank you for being gentle with me. For being strony. For always being willing to learn and grow with me through my mistakes, and my triumphs. And for over and over reflecting back to me the best of what is inside me. Thank you for showing me what unconditional love truly means.

Love, 

Me

(64 of 286)


Meditation for Solitude


This meditation is focused on self-love. 

When we practice love and gratitude for ourselves, we nourish the soil in which love is rooted, and from which love in its many forms will grow and blossom.

This meditation is best practiced in bed, before you go to sleep at night and when you wake up in the morning.


1. Find a comfortable position.

2. Close your eyes, if that feels good to you. If not, simply soften your focus.

3. Whether your eyes are open or closed, gently lower your gaze.

4. Take a deep breath in. And breathe out.

5. If you find that your mind is wandering, that’s okay. Gently bring it back to a space of calm, balance, and stillness.


Self-Gratitude Meditation


1. Breathe normally and naturally. Take a moment to notice the pattern of your breathing.


2. Allow your focus to shift to your body. Notice where it touches the bed, and   where it does not. If there’s a sheet or blanket on you, notice the sensation   where it touches your skin.


3. Now, bring your attention to the soles 🦶🏽  of your feet 🦵 🦵. Notice how they feel.

Express gratitude to your feet 🦶🏽  🦶🏽 for what they allow you to do. “I am grateful for your support. I am grateful for how you ground and connect me to the earth. I thank my Creator for you, I love you my dear feet” Use whatever language feels natural and welcome to you.


4. Allow your attention to move upward to your lower legs, your knees, and your thighs. Notice how they feel. Express gratitude to them. “Thank you for your steadiness. Thank you for helping me move around in the world.” (66 of 286)


5. Bring your focus to your arms 💪🏽 💪🏽 . Notice your upper arms, elbows, forearms, and hands  🙌. Give thanks. “Thank you for all you do to help me interact with the world around me, enabling me to care for and express myself.”


6. Allow your attention to shift to your face 👨🏻 . Notice the nose 👃 that lets you smell, the mouth 👄 that enables you to eat, the eyes 👀 that let you see, and the ears 👂 👂 that let you hear. Express your gratitude. “I’m grateful for the richness you bring to my life, allowing me to enjoy nourishing food, to hear music, to smell flowers, and to take in the beauty of nature and the world around me.” 


7. Now, take a moment to go inside, beneath the skin. Scan slowly downward, starting with your brain 🧠 . Express gratitude to your brain for all the important functions it is able to perform. “Thank you for all you do to coordinate and monitor this miraculous organism that is me. For enabling me to process information, to think, to joke, to appreciate, to feel compassion, and to take action.”


8. Lower your focus to your heart 🫀❤️ . Notice its rhythm as it beats inside your chest. Express your gratitude. “Thank you for working all day and all night, whether I appreciate you or not. Whether I acknowledge you or not.”


9. Shift your attention to your lungs 🫁 . Notice how your rib cage softly expands   and collapses with each breath. Give thanks. “Thank you for filling me with life.”


10. Allow your attention to drop to your stomach. Notice how it feels. Thank your stomach. “I am grateful for how you digest food to create the energy I need for each day.”


11. Slowly, shift your focus back out to your whole body. Take a moment to express gratitude to your body, or to your mind, for whatever stands out to you in this moment.

(67 of 286)



No comments: