Monday, August 5, 2024

WINTER SOLDIER (2014) & Reading

 Ten years ago ....

Steve Rogers: On your left. (Steve passes Sam) On your left. (Steve runs by Sam again)

Sam Wilson: Uh-huh. On my left. Got it. (Steve is getting close again) Don’t say it. Don’t you say it.

Steve Rogers: On your left.

Sam Wilson: Come on!


Steve Rogers: Need a medic?

Sam Wilson: I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran, like, 13 miles in 30 minutes.

Steve Rogers: I guess I got a late start.

Sam Wilson: Really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap. Did you just take it? I assume you just took it.


Natasha Romanoff (to Steve and Sam): Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil.

Steve Rogers: That's hilarious.


Natasha Romanoff: What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice.

Steve Rogers: Secure the engine room, then find me a date.

Natasha Romanoff: I'm multi-tasking.


Nick Fury: Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.


Nick Fury: Initiate vertical takeoff!

Fury’s car: Flight systems damaged.

Nick Fury: Then activate guidance cameras! Give me the wheel! Get me Agent Hill.

Fury’s car: Communications array damaged.

Nick Fury: Well, what’s not damaged?

Fury’s car: Air conditioning is fully operational.


(In elevator with Hydra operatives...)

Steve Rogers: Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?


Natasha Romanoff: Fury gave it to you. Why?

Steve Rogers: What's on it?

Natasha Romanoff: I don't know.

Steve Rogers: Stop lying-

Natasha Romanoff: I only act like I know everything, Rogers.


Natasha Romanoff: The Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me. Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-bye, bikinis 👙 .

Steve Rogers: Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now.


(Apple employee starts staring at Steve...)

Apple employee Aaron: I have the exact same glasses.

Natasha Romanoff: Wow, you two are practically twins.

Apple employee Aaron: Yeah, I wish. Specimen.


(On moving escalator.  Hydra operatives are getting close...)

Natasha Romanoff: Kiss me.

Steve Rogers: What?

Natasha Romanoff: Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable.

Steve Rogers: Yes, they do.

(Natasha kisses Steve...lip to lip)

Natasha Romanoff: You still uncomfortable?

Steve Rogers: It's not exactly the word I would use.


Natasha Romanoff: All right, I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. I feel like, if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know.

Steve Rogers: What?

Natasha Romanoff: Was that your first kiss since 1945?

Steve Rogers: That bad, huh?

Natasha Romanoff: I didn't say that.

Steve Rogers: Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying.

Natasha Romanoff: No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had.

Steve Rogers: You don't need practice.

Natasha Romanoff: Everybody needs practice.

Steve Rogers: It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95, I'm not dead.

Agent Sitwell: Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers.

Steve Rogers: You're right. It's not. It's hers. (Natasha kicks him off the roof)


Agent Sitwell: Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing insight's targets.

Steve Rogers: What targets?

Agent Sitwell: You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defence, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future.


(Winter Soldier's mask fells off...)

Steve Rogers: Bucky?

Bucky Barnes: Who the hell is Bucky?


Steve Rogers: We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick. We're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nick Fury: S.H.I.E.L.D. had nothing to do with this.

Steve Rogers: You gave me this mission. This is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been compromised. You said so yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed.

Nick Fury: Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed.

Steve Rogers: How many paid the price before you did?

Nick Fury: Look, I didn't know about Barnes.

Steve Rogers: Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalised that, too? S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, it all goes.


Sam Wilson (to Fury about Steve): Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower.


(Flashback…)

Steve Rogers: Thank you, Buck, but I can get by on my own.

Bucky Barnes: The thing is, you don’t have to. I’m with you to the end of the line, pal.


Steve Rogers: Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not.

Sam Wilson: Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?


Sam Wilson: Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?

Steve Rogers: If they're shooting at you, they're bad.


Alexander Pierce: Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow and you knew that they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution, and you could just stop it, with a flick of the switch. Wouldn’t you? Wouldn’t you all?

Nagendra Singh: Not if it was your switch.

(Natasha takes out the Hydra operatives in the room)

Natasha Romanoff (to Pierce): I’m sorry. Did I step on your moment? (She is pointing her revolver ar Pierce)


Sam Wilson: You know, you're a lot heavier than you look.

Steve Rogers: I had a big breakfast.


Sam Wilson: 41st floor! 41st!

Nick Fury: It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building.


Steve Rogers: You know me.

Bucky Barnes: No, I don’t!

Steve Rogers: Bucky. You’ve known me your whole life. Your name is James Buchanan Barnes.

Bucky Barnes: Shut up!

Steve Rogers: I’m not gonna fight you. You’re my friend.

Bucky Barnes: You’re my mission. You’re my mission!

Steve Rogers: Then finish it. Because I’m with you to the end of the line.


Natasha Romanoff: You're not going to put me in a prison. You're not going to put any of us in a prison. You know why?

Member of the Congress: Do enlighten us.

Natasha Romanoff: Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we help make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So, if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me.


Sam Wilson: You're going after him.

Steve Rogers: You don't have to come with me.

Sam Wilson: I know. When do we start?


Wolfgang von Strucker: It's not a world of spies any more. Not even a world of heroes. This is the age of miracles, Doctor. There's nothing more horrifying than a miracle.


Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.

If my book is open, your mouth should be closed.

No. I can survive well enough on my own—if given the proper reading material.

Keep reading books, but remember that a book's only a book, and you should learn to think for yourself. 

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.

"Classic" – a book which people praise and don't read.

A fondness for reading changes the inevitable dull hours of our life into exquisite hours of delight.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be reading. Please don’t need me.

Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere.


Books to the ceiling,


Books to the sky,


My pile of books is a mile high.


How I love them!


How I need them!


I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.


You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.


Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.


Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.


I always read. You know how sharks have to keep swimming or they die? I’m like that. If I stop reading, I die.


When trouble strikes, head to the library. You will either be able to solve the problem, or simply have something to read as the world crashes down on you.


Best friends are people who make your problems their problems, so you don’t have to go through them alone.


BEST FRIENDS ARE

PEOPLE WHO MAKE

YOUR PROBLEMS

THEIR PROBLEMS, 

SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO 

GO THROUGH THEM ALONE. 


How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. 

How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. 

How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live ’em. 

How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give 'em.


一扇旧纱门能关多少次?取决于你关门的力度。Yī shàn jiù shā mén néng guān duōshǎo cì? Qǔjué yú nǐ guānmén de lìdù.


一块面包能切成多少片?取决于你把它切得多薄。Yīkuài miànbāo néng qiè chéng duōshǎo piàn? Qǔjué yú nǐ bǎ tā qiè dé duō báo.


一天有多少美好?取决于你过得有多好。Yītiān yǒu duōshǎo měihǎo? Qǔjué yú nǐguò dé yǒu duō hǎo.


朋友心中有多少爱?取决于你给予他们多少。Péngyǒu xīnzhōng yǒu duōshǎo ài? Qǔjué yú nǐ jǐyǔ tāmen duōshǎo.

No comments: