Friday, July 15, 2011

one man, matchless among billions,

life, we aspire a free nation, language, love of truth, justice, liberty shone, shines today.

disputes over sporting events turned violent: supporters and players clashed, death , injuries, pot-shots.

honesty, integrity , impartiality.

what was true, good and right, and just , I would never surrender : I would die before I would surrender my ideas of those.

i have always wanted to deal with everyone I meet candidly and honestly. If i have made any assertion not warranted by facts, and it is pointed out to me, i will withdraw it cheerfully.

quest for truth and love of the law and freedom hat stood as the moral center of my character.

every man or woman is said to have his or her peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, i can say for one that i have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem. How far i shall succeed in gratifying this ambition is yet to be developed.

there is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.

passion has helped us, but can do so no more. It will in future be our enemy. reason, cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future support and defense.

i believe it is an established maxim in morals that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false, is guilty of falsehood ; and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.

1 comment:

Its ME said...

10:58 PM, 16/07/2011, counter 16437811