Saturday, August 18, 2012

I would not hesitate to recommend the book and the practice of drinking more water ...who struggle with depression.

Dear Dr. Batmanghelidj,
 I am writing to comment on and express my thanks for your research and your book Your Body's Many Cries for Water. I found it very concise and logical in its presentation and helpful in its message.

I would also like to relay my experience prior to reading your book and the implementation of drinking more water. I have no physical illness that I am aware of and enjoy good health, yet for all of my adult life I struggled with depressive states.  These states are not predictable and I have found little effective remedy other than simply to endure and wait. Without describing my depression I can say that for me  it was often near debilitating and I have as a consequence done considerable experimentation in an effort to find relief. 

I have tried numerous therapies both additive and subtractive. In the additive, I've tried acupuncture, homeopathy , Chinese herbs, Western herbs, chiropractic, sound and color therapy,  ozone and oxygen supplements, meditation, individual and group psychotherapy, macrobiotic diet, and more exercise. In the subtraction, I have eliminated amalgam fillings in my mouth, caffeine, meat and sugar, alcohol and drugs, and all foods, during certain periods in my life.

In regard to the effects of these trials I can say that only say that only the increasing exposure to natural sunlight and use of antidepressant chemical drugs have had a noticeable effect on my depression. i still get more sunlight but have abandoned drugs due to unacceptable side effects and concerns over long-term dependency.

I read Your Body's Many Cries for Water
nearly three months ago and started drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day two months ago. I think that after this time I can with relative certainty say that there has been a marked improvement in my mood and absence of depressive states. This I say as a general statement. There are times when I feel low but on the whole I feel much improved. I have much humor and my thoughts are much more optimistic. I have observed that even a single day without drinking water has a negative effect.

I feel compelled to than you for your work and for bringing it to the public. Although I cannot comment on the relationship between drinking more water and other maladies I would not hesitate to recommend the book Your Body many Cries for Water and the practice of drinking more water on daily basis to anyone who struggle with depression.

Cordially, J.W.

No comments: