Monday, March 5, 2018

Stage IV esophageal cancer, and alternative treatments?

Stage IV esophageal cancer, and alternative treatments?

by DavidPd on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:36 AM

Has anyone heard of and/or tried the Gerson Therapy or other natural/alternative protocol instead of chemo or radiation? I heard about Gerson Therapy online, and am wondering if anyone has used it here, and it's affectiveness. There are both pro and con views of the therapy online, including some views that say it doesn't work, but there are people who have claimed to have gone into remission by using it. Don't know what to believe. My dad was recently diagnosed with colon and esophageal cancer, about 6 weeks ago. He had most of his polyps removed from the colon, but he just found out this past week, that he is stage IV esophageal cancer with 3 months to 1 year prognosis. Any info on alternative treatments would be appreciated. My question and fear is, is there enough time to try a different protocol or approach other than what traditional medicine can offer. Thanks!


>>by awabe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 05:12 PM

Hello David,
The following link is a great place to start gathering information on alternative treatments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLrfNJICeM
The video is a little over an hour but I believe everyone with cancer should watch it and make up their own mind.
I was stage IV EC in 2011 and have been N.E.D. for almost 2 years now.  I did traditional treatments while doing holistic but I would not let them do surgery on me. I continue to do holistic everyday and I believe the holistic therapies keep me healthy.
Take care,

Alan
 


>>by eternalife on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:42 PM

Try to enjoy the days you have left with your loved one, would not recommend chasing any what claims to be a miracle cure, Stage iv EC has a poor prognosis, only 2% survive for any length of time.
My husband battled it for 19 months, I was told he would live for 18 months, so the docs were right on.. I will not argue with them, I am a scientific person my self and would not have elected to take either chemo or radiation if I was told I had cancer.. such a waste of time , hard on the patients and caregivers...
Trust and believe.. I do not intent to burst any ones bubble, but the truth will set you free.
Best
 

>>by awabe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 PM

Eternal,
I was stage IV - 2 years ago and I am currently healthy.  I work full time running an international company and eat anything I want and have a pretty normal life.  I did not choose to give up and just live out the days I had left, I pursued anything that made sense to me and I thank God that I did.  Everyone needs to make their own choices and I just presented mine at David's request.
Alan


>>by span3 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 08:16 AM

Hi Alan,
My mom was treated for stage III esophageal cancer last year from April-June with chemoradiation and June this year her cancer has returned. She has been advised chemo again but we are exploring other options. Would you kindly share your holistic therapies with us?
Thank you and best wishes,
Sangeeta



>>by canaswath on Thu Jan 16, 2014 08:37 AM
               
Hi Sangeeta,
My sister diagnosed for stage-4 EC just one month back. Presently no treatment is being given as Doctors refused to do because of my sisters poor health. Can you please tell me is there any natural treatment which we can follow.
Rgds,
Rajanna
rajannakv2000@yahoo.com

>>by Bonbon76 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 05:08 AM
               
Hi Alan,
Are you aware of any safe alternatives DURING chemo?? My uncles requires it every two weeks for ever, how ever long that will be. I guess the doctors told him nothing herbal as it will counter act the chemo?? Your insite on your findings during your battle are welcome.
Wish everyone well and be strong wheather it be you or a loved one going through this.
Best,
Bonnie
 
 
>>by awabe on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:45 AM
 
Hello Bonnie,
I just noticed your post.  I juiced and drank Essiac tea throughout all of my cancer treatment including two chemo regiments and radiation.  I strongly recommend doing this and when my doctor recommended against it I told him that I was going to do every thing I thought was reasonable to fight EC because traditional treatments alone are not very successful in curing it.  After a while my doctor supported me and after two years of being NED he tells me to keep doing what ever I did.  I have continued both juicing and the Essiac tea and now also take lypo-spheric Vit C.
Take care,
Alan

>>by awabe on Mon Feb 10, 2014 01:24 AM

((Alan,
Just read your post and am interested in how you are doing and what protocals you did for esophagus cancer? My mom has it and they want to cut her stomach out?]
thanks
Eric.))


Hello Eric,
I am doing fine, I have been cancer free for about 28 months now and was originally diagnosed 36 months ago.  When I was first diagnosed I started juicing organic carrots, granny smith apples, celery and Blackberries and strawberries and I started drinking Essiac tea.  I still do this every day.  I did two rounds of chemo and 26 radiation sessions but I would not allow them to remove my esophagus.  Everyone responds differently to treatment so I am not saying this is right for everyone.  I believe traditional treatments can help fight cancer but I feel natural treatments you can take for the rest of your life help keep you well.
Take care,
Alan
 

>>by firecracker on Fri Apr 04, 2014 01:43 AM
 
I just wanted to say thank you for your response to Eternal. Part of the reason I joined this sight was for honesty and reality in the recovery from this cancer. Although I'm grateful for Eternal's honesty, I am INCREDIBLY grateful for your positive outlook even more so. It's (in my opinion) to do everything possible, in my life God has the final say, not the docs.
 
>>by tbmcc on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 AM

Sorry to hear about your dad.  My husband has stage IV esophageal cancer.  The doctor wouldn't do anything for him.  He is taking potocel he is doing fine. He says that his strength is back some .  I know that this color is back and he wants to eat  but, he still has trouble eating.  He has lost over 60 pounds since May.  We believe God sent us protocel and he is going to be fine. A man called that we did not know that had this cancer and they tell him he was ate up with cancer .  He went on line and got protocel and now he is cancer free.  Our friend is taking protocel also for another cancer and he is doing fine .  They gave him 2 months and it has been 6 months and he is still going.  I have this helps.  Best of Luck and may God Bless.


>>by Ridenira on Thu Oct 15, 2015 04:23 AM
               
For what it's worth. My dad died of esophageal cancer after going through all the traditional treatments. Radiation, chemo, etc, then having his esophagus removed. I refused to go through that when my esophagus started closing on me to where I couldn't swallow anything solid and wouldn't go to the doctor to even get diagnosed. I just accepted my fate. I am 70, my father's age when he got his diagnosis. I was pinning on Pinterest and came across natural remedies. I thought, what have I got to lose. I started taking a teaspoon of baking soda, with water, twice a day and Calcium and Magnesium twice a day, as recommended. My throat has opened up to where I can almost eat normally and after only two weeks. I started Oct 1st. I think I am beating Cancer with my tumor shrinking. The object is to raise your Ph to a level cancer cannot grow in. For what it's worth. God bless.


>>by shelove4 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 05:40 AM
               
My brother in law just got diagnosed, not sure what stage yet. I am a nutritional therapist so helping him out. After two weeks, he is no longer throwing up, no more hiccups and no more spitting up mucus or thraot tightening.
He juices greens 2 x day, eats mostly organic veggie soups, green smoothies.(spinach, lemon, cucmber, coconut milk, ice, stevia) Tumeric liquid 2 x day, Resveratrol 2 x day, 10,000 mg high quality vitamin C,  Beta Glucan 1 x day. Frankinsense oil on feet at night and will soon be doing daily sessions of far infrared saunas. Also doing a cannabis gel soon.I will all keep you posted on the updates, but he already feels tons better. I am thinking coffee enemas and intravenous Vita c if he is at a later stage. will find out results next week.
I heard someone say "There are no incurable cancers, only incurable paients. " If you want to live and are willing to go out of your comfort zone then anything is possible. It's all about attitude and perserverance. Don't give up the faith.
 


>>by Jetguy on Fri Oct 16, 2015 01:21 AM
                
Sorry for your Loss. I had Esophageal Cancer although not stage 4. I had Chemo Radiation and then an Ivor Lewis Esophagectomy 4 months ago. The Chemo honestly was a non event other than liberating me of my already thining hair. The radiation eventually made me tired with some occasional pain when certain foods passed the radiated area but that was short lived. After 8 weeks I had the surgery. The recovery was long but not terrible. I had a complication which was a leak so 5 weeks before I was alowed to eat. 4 months out I am presently 95% back to normal. I can eat anything just not as much. Sleeping took a little practice but with many pillows I can keep myself elevated enough for confortable sleep. Every other aspect of my life is normal. I just want people to understand it's not nessesarily terrible and life after if you are lucky and treatment is succesful can be just as good as before. All my best wishes to everyone with EC. Good luck!

>>by Bell5281 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 07:54 AM

On Feb 09, 2014 4:45 PM awabe wrote:
On Jan 24, 2014 9:08 PM Bonbon76 wrote:
Hi Alan,
Are you aware of any safe alternatives DURING chemo?? My uncles requires it every two weeks for ever, how ever long that will be. I guess the doctors told him nothing herbal as it will counter act the chemo?? Your insite on your findings during your battle are welcome.
Wish everyone well and be strong wheather it be you or a loved one going through this.
Best,
Bonnie
Hello Bonnie,
I just noticed your post.  I juiced and drank Essiac tea throughout all of my cancer treatment including two chemo regiments and radiation.  I strongly recommend doing this and when my doctor recommended against it I told him that I was going to do every thing I thought was reasonable to fight EC because traditional treatments alone are not very successful in curing it.  After a while my doctor supported me and after two years of being NED he tells me to keep doing what ever I did.  I have continued both juicing and the Essiac tea and now also take lypo-spheric Vit C.
Take care,
Alan
 
Alan,
So encouraged by your comments.  My Father in Law was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 EC and has metastasized to the liver.  Are you still seeing positive results from the juicing and essatic tea?  Any advise is greatly appreciated.  Praying for you.

Baker


>>by Nickv on Sat Apr 16, 2016 01:19 PM
                
Hi Ridenera My dad was diagnosed with EC last year. He went thru chemo + surgery and is doing fine. However the latest scan, a year after surgery, showed some small lesion in the abdominal cavity. The docs can't say for sure if it's malignant since the activity is low and asked him to go for another scan in 3 months. He wants to try alternative treatments. How's the baking soda treatment working for you now? Any side effects? We have heard about this treatment and your feedback is much appreciated, thanks and God bless .
 
>>by aaashay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 04:00 AM               
Hello Eric !
My dad is recently diagnosed with Esophagus cancer and he's already a heart patient, where in his heart's EF is 35% (meaning, that the pumping is just 35% as compared to 50-55% for the non- heart patient people), so the doctors have ruled out the surgery where in they cut the esophagus and attach the stomach to the throat. Hence, the best option for him is Chemoradiation. 5 days every week, radiations and ocne a week, chemo (which is very light with no side effects as the radiations is the primary treatment for him). the doctors said that it will cure this time, but if it recurres, there's no cure, we can just try to prolong it then. Homeopathy has a treatment for preventing recurrsion too. We're gonna consult a homeopathy doctor too. I am sure everyone here would like to try other options too ..
forgot to mention, his hasn't spread to the nearby organs, hence this one would work I guess ..

>>by Stefstewdent on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 AM
               
Just today we were told my mother has two months to live . Her esophageal cancer has spread to her liver and it didn't respond to chemo. He said there's really nothing else to do. Her counts are not drastic and We are devastated. We refuse to take that diagnosis and just give in. I've heard amazing things about carrots, baking soda, something about Apple seeds..... We were never given any advice on nutrition - which is crazy knowing the amazing benefits of vitamins from fruits and veggies. I asked about milk thistle when it first spread to her liver and the doctor look at me quickly and then told me that she could take a multivitamin but he didn't recommend anything that hadn't been approved to work with the chemo. I'm reading the things you have all recommended but there are so many and some are very different--- what should we start off with now-- we want to be pretty aggressive because he said two months but made it sound like that was the most..... To all have you had taken time to respond all of these messages that others have written---I want to say thank you. You give us hope and what can we have If we don't at least have hope?
 
>>by optomistic11 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 07:55 AM                
((On Oct 14, 2015 9:40 PM shelove4 wrote:
My brother in law just got diagnosed, not sure what stage yet. I am a nutritional therapist so helping him out. After two weeks, he is no longer throwing up, no more hiccups and no more spitting up mucus or thraot tightening.
He juices greens 2 x day, eats mostly organic veggie soups, green smoothies.(spinach, lemon, cucmber, coconut milk, ice, stevia) Tumeric liquid 2 x day, Resveratrol 2 x day, 10,000 mg high quality vitamin C,  Beta Glucan 1 x day. Frankinsense oil on feet at night and will soon be doing daily sessions of far infrared saunas. Also doing a cannabis gel soon.I will all keep you posted on the updates, but he already feels tons better. I am thinking coffee enemas and intravenous Vita c if he is at a later stage. will find out results next week.
I heard someone say "There are no incurable cancers, only incurable paients. " If you want to live and are willing to go out of your comfort zone then anything is possible. It's all about attitude and perserverance. Don't give up the faith.))
Hello Shelove4!  I was reading your post on Stage IV cancer and was hoping to get an update on your brother-in-law's status.  My brother-in-law was just given the same diagnosis and has four your children so I'm anxious to learn more about his options.

Source : click here
 

No comments: