The answer is NO.
Answer: Suprisingly, no.
At least not if you’re talking about the micro-organisms that we refer to as parasites. Technically anything that lives off of another organism is a parasite, but *parasites* are a class of worms/pseudoworms/protozoans that we classify as parasites because they aren’t bacteria or viruses.
Anyways. Here’s some facts for you:
Worms that hang out in fruits eat fruits, not humans. The worms you have to watch out for are going to be the ones that live in dogs, pigs, cats, fish, other humans, etc etc (so wash your hands and cook your meat properly!)
If it looks, feels, and smells okay; it’s not rotten, you can eat it. But I would personally avoid the parts that have been touched by the worm. They could have tracked around bacteria. Which to be fair, even if you did consume them, you’d more likely than not be fine. But I would avoid anyways, and cut out the affected parts. No worries if you’ve already ate them though.
Answer: As far as I know, all of the “worms” you find in fruit are insect larvae that eat only fruit and cannot parasitize humans. I’m pretty sure you are safe. Answer : Nope. Wrong kind of worm. Not really worms, in fact, but insect larvae. They’ll be destroyed by your digestive system.
Answer: What kind of worm?. If it is just some normal worm in an apple you can eat it. The thing is the things that live in your stomach etc from ex contaminated water is not the same as normal worms since the bad things in your body are parasites who live of other being while the worms in your apple is just normal worms that is herbivores and dies as soon as it comes to contact with your stomach acid. I think. Don’t take my writings as facts. I'm not a doctor. Yes I don't use points/dots enough.
Answer: Parasites are caused by eating invisible parasite eggs. If your worms were visible relax they are not parasites for humans. You will be fine.
Sirah Dubois is currently a PhD student in food science after having completed her master's degree in nutrition at the University of Alberta. She has worked in private practice as a dietitian in Edmonton, Canada and her nutrition-related articles have appeared in The Edmonton Journal newspaper.
Intestinal parasites are usually contracted from food or water contaminated with protozoa or helminths. Eating the skin of unwashed fruit significantly increases your risk of ingesting parasites and bacteria such as E. coli. To avoid this, wash all fruit thoroughly.