Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Never Stop Romancing With Your Offspring's Mum

Fathers and daddies, never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.

Fatherhood is not the end of romance with the wife, also your offspring's mum. It is the beginning of a brand new romantic phase, for romance adds to the overall well-being of the family. Living fatherhood is now demonstrating living romance to the living mum of the living offspring. Romance with the mum before the child(ren) takes on a new definition.

There is the mistaken notion that married couples should stop the little and frequent gestures of love that preceded parenthood. No time is just a lame excuse. Both the parent need more romances during parenthood to top up each other emotional tanks, daily, during parenthood. That these are frivolous and should take a backseat to more pressing parenting needs. Nothing could be farther from the truth and reality in life.

After celebrating more than 20 years of marriage, I am thankful and grateful for having met and married my wife, my offspring's mum. We have had our ups and downs, and we have come a long way. Do you remember since when, be specific. And it has been very much for the better.

Our children are aware of the various anniversaries that my wife and I commemorate. In fact, they are often befuddled (cause to become unable to think clearly)that we actually have quite a few. We commemorate the day we met, the day we formally registered our marriage at the Registry Of Marriage (ROM) (click here), and the day we had our actual wedding celebrations. By commemorating all these past occasions, we are sending the message of how important our relationship is to both of us.

Though the whole world may be busy, and not remind both of us about our lives as one, the commemorations do add good values into our being and existence as two different human beings.

I will send flowers to my wife on her birthday, and attach an accompanying note. the children are shown the words I pen, as I want them to know how I feel for their mum. Some teasing does come along with it, but it is all in good fun and spirit. That's teaching romance lessons in the home.

marriage tip


Some people may be dismissive ( adjective:
feeling or showing that something is unworthy of consideration
 ) of such practices, considering them to be pretentious. My view is that there should be some tangible celebration of relations between two human beings, and that children should be made aware that the love flame of their living parents still burns and very much hot and spicy, too. Far from being a dying ember, this romance their mum is always being kindled, and the whole family living together enjoys its comforting warmth.

On the route where I do my regular runs for exercise, I often see an elderly couple m in their 80's walking gingerly together, hand in hand. it never fails to touch my soul and heart each time I see them. What a wonderful sight!

Our children will leave the nest one day, leaving us, their parents once again to be alone together -- as we were before parenthood. We will be prepared.

Our Marriage Vows - I promise to love you, honor you, comfort you, wait on you and care for you, and keep you, in sickness and in good health, and be faithful to you so long as we both shall live.

 

No comments: