Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Penning Your Promises

Real Wedding

Vows

You'll Love

Take inspiration from these real couples who wrote their own romantic wedding vows.

Jevan to Alithea

"I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love.
I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving.
I promise to try to be on time.
But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you.
I love you."

Amy and Russell to one another

"You are my lover and my teacher,
You are my model and my accomplice,
And you are my true counterpart.
I will love you, hold you and honor you,
I will respect you, encourage you and cherish you,
In health and sickness,
Through sorrow and success,
For all the days of my life."

Laine and Shane to one another

"I promise to be your lover, companion and friend,
Your partner in parenthood,
Your ally in conflict,
Your greatest fan and your toughest adversary.
Your comrade in adventure,
Your student and your teacher,
Your consolation in disappointment,
Your accomplice in mischief.
This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things. All things."

Anne and Gabrielle to one another

"I take you to be my partner for life,
I promise above all else to live in truth with you
And to communicate fully and fearlessly,
I give you my hand and my heart
As a sanctuary of warmth and peace
And pledge my love, devotion, faith and honor
As I join my life to yours."

Anne and Mike to one another

"On this day,
I give you my heart,
My promise,
That I will walk with you,
Hand in hand,
Wherever our journey leads us,
Living, learning, loving,
Together,
Forever."

Kristin and Josh to one another

"I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together.
With my whole heart, I take you as my wife/husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine.
I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always."

Alex to Michelle

"I promise to encourage your compassion,
Because that is what makes you unique and wonderful.
I promise to nurture your dreams,
Because through them your soul shines.
I promise to help shoulder our challenges,
For there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together.
I promise to be your partner in all things,
Not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole.
Lastly, I promise to you perfect love and perfect trust,
For one lifetime with you could never be enough.
This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things."

Danielle to Gregory

"You have been my best friend, mentor, playmate, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. So I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together."

Jessica to Greg

"I remember once how I told you I did not believe in soul mates. I will never forget your reaction. Shocked and a little hurt that I did not think we were. But as time went by, your love made me believe."

Mallory to Eddie

"I promise to comfort you when the Falcons lose and drink beer with you when they win."

Ryan to Tara

"You know me better than anyone else in this world and somehow still you manage to love me. You are my best friend and one true love. There is still a part of me today that cannot believe that I'm the one who gets to marry you."

Erin to Dash

"I will, in good times and bad, cheer for the Tar Heels."

Dash to Erin

"I promise to buy taller shoes so you can wear heels."

Christy to Meg

"I feel truly blessed because I've found a love that transcends and grows, despite state lines, early morning commutes, barking beagles and conflicting seasons."

Yuval to Dina

"I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you."

Anja and Ben

"The feeling hit me the moment we made eye contact in class. It was so immediate and powerful—far deeper and inexplicably beyond any calculation of time and place. You don't describe a feeling like that. You also can't replicate it or force it. You just let it flow in and around you. You go where it takes you."

Christopher to Ken

"I promise faithfulness and patience, respect and lightheartedness, attentiveness and self-improvement. I will celebrate your triumphs, and love you all the more for your failures."

Bill to Megan

"Our open attitude toward finding adventure together in life is something that I cherish. I love it even more when those great experiences take the form of us making up a home-cooked meal together with a lot of great wine and music. I would marry you for your risotto alone!"

Ronnie to Megan

"I call you 'My Megan'  because you are my everything. You are my light, and you've shown me more love than I've ever known."

John to Brittany

"I promise to hold your hand every night and to never let us lose our spark."

Lois to Devin

"I've always had goals, aspirations, things I wanted to do. But when I met you, I learned what it was to dream. You dreamed of traveling, but not just out of the state; you dreamed of visiting Spain, Italy and places I've only read about. I've learned to dream of the things I deserve."

Adam to Lauren

"I vow to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share in the silence when they are not."

Gregory to Chandler

"Until today, the day that I told you I loved you, the day that I knew I was going to marry you, that was the best day of my life."

Eddie to Allie

"I promise to be your navigator, consoler, sidekick, best friend and your husband. Finally, I promise you myself."

Kendall to Justin

"In sickness and in health: I promise to take care of you, even when you've over-indulged the night before. For richer or for poorer: I promise not to spend all our money at Nordstrom."

No comments: