Thursday, November 8, 2012

In Memory of our Family Very Dear Close Friend and sister-in-Christ, Lucy U Po

I first met sister Lucy U Po in a Christian fellowship,  way back in 1988.
Through the years, she has been a very close friendly-sister to our family. She attended my wedding; she always asked about my son's well being ; and she also visited us when my son was born. She nicknamed him as JJ. 

Today, at 21:21:51, i received a sms : Bro & Sis, bro Alan's wife (i.e. sister Lucy U Po) passed away today. Alan's HP is ********. Wake at Block 536A Multi-Purpose Hall, Woodlands Dr 14. Monday is the funeral, 10am leaving Block 536A for Mandai Crematorium.

I was shocked to learn this news. 

My son said, " I am devastated. Hope mommy doesn't cry too much." 

Lucy U Po facebook : https://www.facebook.com/po.lucy
(Born on September 18, 1956 -  Passed Away on November 9, 2012)





Patricia Lin(daughter) posted this last photo of Mother and Daughter




Cancer is a destructive disease that breaks down the human body completelyBut one thing it cannot break is the spirit. https://www.facebook.com/patricialin86/posts/10151314729335953

 What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.


 Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.


 A friend who dies, it's something of you who dies.


 The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151317551105953&set=a.410070040952.202081.555390952&type=1


“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because... Click Here Read More

WHAT IS CANCER, AND WHY DOES IT EVENTUALLY KILL? 

Date: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
Subject: Fwd: Eulogy - Tribute to Mummy


"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. that's why it's called the Present." Thank you everyone for being here. It's the best present you have brought along for my family today. To my relatives who travelled from overseas to make it for today, thank you very much. 



My name is Patricia, and I'm the only daughter of Lucy. I know you all know my mum personally in one way or another. It could be at school, at work, it could be in the neighbourhood or probably, simply because she's my mum, or an aunt or cousin to you. But there's only one way I know her. To me, she's my dearest mother. The mum that I couldn't have chosen but the mum whom I would choose again if I could. 


My mum is an incredibly kind, helpful and generous person. She never fails to lend a helping hand to friends, family and even strangers. She makes the effort to know the bus 900 bus drivers, the cashiers at Shop & Save, the neighbour who just moved in and the child sitting across her in the MRT.

Her smile is ever radiant and genuine that it warms even the coldest person in the room.

That's how she stole my dad's heart.

My mum is originally from the Philippines. She's the baby of the Po family who grew up as a young, intelligent woman who later went to medical school with the plan of becoming a doctor. However, little did she know, my dad, her penpal for 14 years from Singapore, was to be her soulmate and life partner.

The first time my dad went to the Philippines was for a practical reason, to go on a holiday. He was choosing between the USA and Philippines but figured Philippines was nearer and cheaper. And he had a penpal who was excited to meet him for the very first time. 

My dad and mum always recall the faithful day with laughter. She was so excited about his arrival that she was jumping in the crowded airport to catch his attention and welcomed him with a beautiful smile.

That is the smile that stole my dad's heart.

And that smile continued to radiate in so many people's lives. 

The friends, family, neighbours and colleagues who have stepped forth during the past few months to comfort her, console her and even care for her.. are the fruits of the seeds she has sowed in their lives over the past 56 years of her life.

When she was first diagnosed with cancer, she told the doctor, "I have no regrets. I think I have lived my life well." Now I can't help but agree. 

As my father and I experience the love, care and concern from everyone during this journey, we truly understood the unconditional love my mother gave out of herself to those who crossed paths with her. 

Today, in the presence of everyone, we want to say we are very proud of her - of the many things she's done in her life, big and small. 

And ... 

We thank God for being with her in this ardous battle against cancer.

We thank God for the victory she has had. 

We thank God for making her a blessing in so many people's lives.

We thank God that He has received her with open arms. 

She fought a good fight in her battle with cancer and remained faithful of God's love and grace. 

What holds for us tomorrow is a mystery. But my mum always says, Trust in the Lord. And in the Lord we will trust. 

We will dearly miss Lucy, a great mother, a loving wife and a faithful child of God. We will always love her and remember her for who she is and she will always be in our hearts. 

Before I end, I'll like to share with you an SMS my mum sent me on Valentines' Day. It goes like this, "Love is d greatest Healing Power - at d end of our lives after all our successes n failures the value of our lives is determined by how much we have loved - :-)"

I hope we'll always remember her unconditional love for us and remember to love as well. 

Thank you. 

- Patricia
 



















































No comments: