Friday, April 20, 2018

How Cannabis Oil Works to Kill Cancer Cells

First let’s look at what keeps cancer cells alive, then we will come back and examine how the cannabinoids CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) unravels cancer’s aliveness. 

In every cell there is a family of interconvertible sphingolipids that specifically manage the life and death of that cell. This profile of factors is called the “Sphingolipid Rheostat.” If endogenous ceramide(a signaling metabolite of sphingosine-1-phosphate) is high, then cell death (apoptosis) is imminent. If ceramide is low, the cell is strong in its vitality. 

Very simply, when THC connects to the CB1 or CB2 cannabinoid receptor site on the cancer cell, it causes an increase in ceramide synthesis which drives cell death. A normal healthy cell does not produce ceramide in the presence of THC, thus is not affected by the cannabinoid.

The cancer cell dies, not because of cytotoxic chemicals, but because of a tiny little shift in the mitochondria. Within most cells there is a cell nucleus, numerous mitochondria (hundreds to thousands), and various other organelles in the cytoplasm. The purpose of the mitochondria is to produce energy (ATP) for cell use. As ceramide starts to accumulate, turning up the Sphingolipid Rheostat, it increases the mitochondrial membrane pore permeability to cytochrome c, a critical protein in energy synthesis. Cytochrome c is pushed out of the mitochondria, killing the source of energy for the cell. 

Ceramide also causes genotoxic stress in the cancer cell nucleus generating a protein called p53, whose job it is to disrupt calcium metabolism in the mitochondria. If this weren’t enough, ceramide disrupts the cellular lysosome, the cell’s digestive system that provides nutrients for all cell functions. Ceramide, and other sphingolipids, actively inhibit pro-survival pathways in the cell leaving no possibility at all of cancer cell survival.

The key to this process is the accumulation of ceramide in the system. This means taking therapeutic amounts of CBD and THC, steadily, over a period of time, keeping metabolic pressure on this cancer cell death pathway. 

How did this pathway come to be? Why is it that the body can take a simple plant enzyme and use it for profound healing in many different physiological systems? This endocannabinoid system exists in all animal life, just waiting for its matched exocannabinoid activator. This is interesting. Our own endocannabinoid system covers all cells and nerves; it is the messenger of information flowing between our immune system and the central nervous system (CNS). It is responsible for neuroprotection, and micro-manages the immune system. This is the primary control system that maintains homeostasis; our well being. 

Just out of curiosity, how does the work get done at the cellular level, and where does the body make the endocannabinoids? Here we see that endocannabinoids have their origin in nerve cells right at the synapse. When the body is compromised through illness or injury it calls insistently to the endocannabinoid system and directs the immune system to bring healing. If these homeostatic systems are weakened, it should be no surprise that exocannabinoids are therapeutic. It helps the body in the most natural way possible.

To see how this works we visualize the cannabinoid as a three dimensional molecule, where one part of the molecule is configured to fit the nerve or immune cell receptor site just like a key in a lock. There are at least two types of cannabinoid receptor sites, CB1 (CNS) and CB2 (immune). In general CB1 activates the CNS messaging system, and CB2 activates the immune system, but it’s much more complex than this. Both THC and anandamide activate both receptor sites. Other cannabinoids activate one or the other receptor sites. Among the strains of Cannabis, C. sativa tends toward the CB1 receptor, and C. indica tends toward CB2. So sativa is more neuroactive, and indica is more immunoactive. Another factor here is that sativa is dominated by THC cannabinoids, and indica is predominately CBD (cannabidiol).

It is known that THC and CBD are biomimetic to anandamide, that is, the body can use both interchangeably. Thus, when stress, injury, or illness demand more from endogenous anandamide than can be produced by the body, its mimetic exocannabinoids are activated. If the stress is transitory, then the treatment can be transitory. If the demand is sustained, such as in cancer, then treatment needs to provide sustained pressure of the modulating agent on the homeostatic systems. 

Typically CBD gravitates to the densely packed CB2 receptors in the spleen, home to the body’s immune system. From there, immune cells seek out and destroy cancer cells. Interestingly, it has been shown that THC and CBD cannabinoids have the ability to kill cancer cells directly without going through immune intermediaries. THC and CBD hijack the lipoxygenase pathway to directly inhibit tumor growth. As a side note, it has been discovered that CBD inhibits anandamide reuptake. Here we see that cannabidiol helps the body preserve its own natural endocannabinoid by inhibiting the enzyme that breaks down anandamide.

This brief survey touches lightly on a few essential concepts. Mostly I would like to leave you with an appreciation that nature has designed the perfect medicine that fits exactly with our own immune system of receptors and signalling metabolites to provide rapid and complete immune response for systemic integrity and metabolic homeostasis.  

https://www.cureyourowncancer.org

CureYourOwnCancer.org was established with 3 main goals in mind: 

-First, to spread awareness that cannabis oil is a safe, natural treatment for cancer.

-Second, to provide you with the information on cannabis oil you will need to help you decide how you want  to treat yourself or someone you love.

-Third, is to help you become a natural cancer treatment advocate. CYOC strives to provide you with information about treating cancer naturally with cannabis oil, diet changes, exercise and other lifestyle changes. 

So if you or someone you know is afflicted with this terrible and completely unnecessary disease, you're in the right place. Unfortunately because of laws prohibiting the medical use of cannabis all across the world, we are unable to offer cannabis oil to you. We are very sorry for that, but that is why we are doing this. We are working to get cannabis legalized so that everyone can have access to this amazing medicine. Cannabis is a plant that GOD has placed on earth for us to use. No man has the right to take it from us, so we will continue to fight for this until we get our RIGHT back!   Today alone approximately 20,000 people worldwide will die due to cancer. Help us end the suffering.

-Lincoln Horsley
Creator of www.CureYourOwnCancer.org

WHAT IS CANNABIS OIL?

Cannabis oil is a thick, sticky, resinous substance made up of a high concentration of cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD, extracted from the cannabis plant (Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica). Cannabis oil is a cannabis based product  obtained by separating the resins from cannabis flowers using a solvent extraction process. Cannabis oil can also be known as marijuana oil, weed oil, pot oil, Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), Full extract cannbais oil (FECO), honey oil, hash oil, dabs, shatter, or wax.  

Cannabis oil is the most potent of three main cannabis products, which are the actual cannabis flower (marijuana), resin (hashish), and oil (cannabis oil). Cannabis oil is the most concentrated form of the three main cannabis products. That is what makes cannabis oil the most potent.

Cannabis Oil produced and sold by "dealers" can have many contaminants and lots of times have little or no THC in them. Most of the time cannabis oil available on the street should be avoided for medicinal uses such as treating cancer. It's always better to make your own oil or to have someone you trust make your oil. This helps assure a very pure, high quality oil is obtained. If you know who made your oil, you can better know what your getting in your oil.

High quality cannabis oil can be used in many ways medicinally and can be used for many different conditions. Cannabis Oil can be orally ingested, vaporized into the lungs, used as a suppository or applied topically. You can also mix your oil with creams or salves for beauty treatments and other external uses. 

Some of the conditions cannabis oil has been used for include: cancer, diabetes, crohn's disease, gout, pain relief, Glaucoma, Opioid Dependence, treating alcohol abuse, epilepsy, psoriasis, anorexia, asthma, adrenal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, migraines, Dravet syndrome, Doose syndrome, Multiple sclerosis. 

Cannabis oil also posses antioxidant properties. This property makes cannabis oil useful in the treatment and prevention of wide variety of diseases, such as ischemic, age-related inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Cannabis oil may also have a use as neuroprotectants for such things like limiting neurological damage following a stroke or head trauma. It can also be used in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.  

Based on history cannabis is believed to have originated from Central Asia. Cannabis is one of the oldest plant medicines known to man. It is difficult to trace the beginnings of cannabis use use by humans because it was cultivated and consumed long before the appearance of writing. According to archeological discoveries, cannabis has been known in China since around 4000-6000 BC.
-Lincoln Horsley

Creator of cure.your.own.cancer

THE KELLY HAUF STORY: HOW SHE BEAT BRAIN CANCER NATURALLY WITH CANNABIS OIL 


http://www.kellyshealingpath.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/cropped-khheader2-copy.jpg

My name is Kelly Hauf, I’m 52 years old, and I would like to share my amazing story with you.

On January 18, 2000, after a severe headache prompted a CAT scan, a 3cm tumor was discovered in the left frontal lobe of my brain. I was 38 years old. My two daughters were ages 15 and 12. Immediate brain surgery was recommended by my surgeon. However, after further discussion, due to slow growth and no adjacent edema, he felt it would not be negligent to postpone surgery and monitor the tumor every 3 months with an MRI. The tumor remained stable for a little over three years then suddenly grew 25%.

On September 4, 2003, when I was 41, on my husband’s 42nd birthday, I had surgery at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles. I spent the next day, our 19th wedding anniversary in ICU. The pathology report came back an Oligodendroglioma grade 2. The surgery was an apparent success and neither radiation nor chemotherapy were recommended. However, since it’s unlikely every cancer cell can be detected and removed, and the nature of gliomas are to grow back over time, it was necessary to continue MRI monitoring every 3 months. Living from MRI to MRI had become our “normal”. 


All MRI reports remained stable until November 2013 when my quarterly MRI came back showing regrowth of the tumor. My brain surgeon in Los Angeles recommended 4-6 months of chemotherapy, and if that didn't work, another brain surgery to go in and clean up the regrowth would be considered. He also gave me anti-seizure medication for auras that had started to manifest as strong unexplainable odors. My doctor described this experience as an olfactory seizure. 

While researching Charlotte’s Web cannabis oil as an alternative to the prescribed seizure medicine I also found out that cannabis oil was also showing promise as a cancer treatment and could be an alternative to chemotherapy. I was living in a state that did not have legal access to cannabis but my youngest daughter, Jillian, was living in San Francisco where medical marijuana was legal. 

When Jillian came home for Christmas she and my husband, Rick, decided it was time for me to make a decision to do something. I wasn't ready to decide anything just yet. I wanted to have Christmas with my family. The day after Christmas I made up my mind to drive out to California to investigate cannabis oil as a treatment. My husband took an emergency leave of absence from his job. We then put away the Christmas tree ornaments, cleaned the house, loaded up the car, and headed to California. 

We talked with doctors, met with support groups taking the oil, read articles about successful brain tumor results in Spain and Amsterdam and gathered information wherever we could. We decided to give the cannabis oil a try, especially after we read a paper on a study about the chemotherapy my doctor had recommended. That study suggested patients with tumors like mine appeared to get better at first with the chemo but then the left over tumor cells would mutate and turn aggressive over time.

After many conversations with my husband we decided to commit to a 90-day cannabis treatment protocol. My San Francisco neuro oncologist felt like my situation was not a dire emergency and felt like I could be allowed the 90 days to try this unorthodox treatment, however if that didn't work, another surgery would be likely. After we had chosen this path incredible healers came forward to help support me through this unknown territory. These healers included one of the best neurological teams in the world. I know I have been incredibly fortunate. I am so very grateful to each person who came forward with his or her special expertise and other gifts to make this treatment possible for me.

After establishing residency in San Francisco, I was able to get a medical marijuana card. The card was for cancer treatment but, amazingly, the cannabis oil has helped me with my fibromyalgia pain, joint pain, and chronic headaches. I had this pain for many years and it was getting worse. I literally have no pain now. My blood pressure had been creeping up over the years and was consistently pre-hypertensive, now it’s consistently on the low side of normal. I have not taken any other medication except the cannabis oil, supplements, and good clean healthy food over the last 8 months. 

When we arrived in San Francisco, my husband, Rick, became my Angel from Heaven. He took on my full time care, and I made him my legal caregiver so he could pick up my medicine at the dispensary if I was not able. He bought a good juicer and began juicing all organic non-GMO veggies every day. He prepared almost all of my organic gluten free meals and took me out for a walk and fresh air daily. Our temporary home was across the street from the Golden Gate Park so we walked through the park down to the beach daily during my treatment. I began calling the park Grandmother GG, because I felt so nurtured in her abundance, and this daily ritual in the beauty of nature was, I believe, a major contributor to my healing. We got a machine to create pure alkaline drinking water. I had an arsenal of cancer fighting supplements, foods, and daily practices to work on my physical, spiritual and emotional health.

The plan was to do the Rick Simpson cancer treatment protocol of 60 grams of highly concentrated cannabis oil over a 90 day period, the higher the THC the better for killing tumors. My 90 day MRI was scheduled for April. I had not reached a gram a day by that time and was concerned that the MRI results wouldn't be what we were hoping for. Indeed the report showed no change in the main tumor’s regrowth; however, there was a smaller inoperable tumor, in the cingular gyrus that we had been monitoring since my first tumor surgery ten years prior that was completely gone. We were amazed and it gave us the encouragement we needed to continue the cannabis protocol. To get to the amount of a gram of oil a day took months of building up my tolerance. I had very physical challenges and setbacks during this process such as seizures, middle of the night walks, tremors, convulsions, nausea, frustration, lack of appetite, and many tears. I finally reached a gram a day and eventually up to two grams a day on the final two weeks before my second MRI at the end of August. 

In August, eight months after beginning the cannabis treatment, my MRI was reviewed by a leading Radiologist, my Neuro Oncologist, and my world renowned Brain Surgeon, and it was concluded that all that was remaining of the tumor regrowth was scar tissue. I will have another MRI in December. Because these tumors are chronic and tend to grow back, I will always be living MRI to MRI, but the key word here is that I am living …and in great health with a great immune system. I was not left with my immune system compromised by chemo and radiation, which is the standard protocol for these types of tumors as well as other cancers.

By eating healthy food and walking every day we both lost a needed 35 lbs. I never experienced the dreaded “munchies” that some get on this medicine.Smoking marijuana is reported to have an appetite stimulating effect. I wasn't smoking it but was ingesting it in a capsule, so it had a much different effect for me. When I built up a tolerance to the THC, even though I was ingesting large amounts, I did not get an intense “high” like what would happen if a person were smoking it. For me, it produced a deep sense of well being. I have read other peoples testimonies on their experiences of ingesting large amounts of cannabis oil. Most people just fall sleep. I felt more restless and needed to walk.


Since concentrated cannabis oil with a high THC content is necessary to kill tumor cells it concerns me that the main talk in several states is to legalize CBD oil only. That is great news for seizures patients but denies treatment options for cancer patients, plus THC has so many other health benefits that shouldn’t be ignored.

Below is a list of other modalities I was using for healing:

Food is medicine.
Cancer thrives in an acidic environment so foods rich in alkalinity are key. Cancer also feeds on sugar. I drank alkaline water from a Kangan water machine, fresh juice consisting of various organic vegetables (mainly Kale, carrots, beets, celery, ginger, turmeric) daily, along with a diet that consisted mainly of gluten free, organic, and non-gmo foods and very little sugar.

Supplements are medicine too.
Supplements that I have found to support me in the fight against brain cancer were green tea, coconut oil, vitamin D3, CoQ10, selenium, omega 3, garlic, cannabis oil, turmeric with black pepper, B vitamins, certain types of mushrooms, olena, apricot kernels, black seed oil, and boswellia, to name just a few of the supplements I was taking.

Other Healing Modalities.
In my opinion, having a positive attitude, a heart filled with gratitude, prayer/meditation, and yoga/exercise were are all essential parts to my healing process. I also worked on releasing bound up emotional density which can eventually manifest into dis-ease. I also walked at least 3 miles almost every day.

Wrapped in Universal love, all of the above, along with prayers, love, support, good intentions, good wishes, and all around good vibes, has made all the difference in the world. The support I have received from my family and friends has been nothing short of amazing! Everyone has been totally and openly onboard and generous with their on-going support which means so much to me.

The evidence is rapidly stacking up on the healing properties of the Marijuana plant. I’m excited for the future of Medical Marijuana and I feel a strong responsibility to spread this information. I hear so many misconceptions about this amazing medicinal plant that I feel a need to tell my story to anyone who is interested and my prayer is that it will be received with an open mind and a compassionate heart.

UPDATE: After my clear MRI in August of 2014, I have had two additional MRI’s; December 2014 and June 2015. Both reports came back with no change, or no evidence of regrowth; only scar tissue from my initial surgery from 2003).

In April 2015, we moved from San Francisco to the High Sierras.
We traveled to Oklahoma in May to take care of our grand daughters, so I did not do a maintenance dose of oil, a clean diet, or exercise for six weeks. I resumed once I was back in California.

After about a month, due to headaches, I stopped doing my maintenance dose again (to see if the oil was the cause) for at least a couple of weeks. I still had the headaches so I recently resumed my dose of .10 gm at night before bed. Since I am taking a 1:1 (CBD:THC) now as a maintenance, I do not have any side effects at all. My next MRI is scheduled for November 2015.
Many Blessings to All

-Kelly
My Website is here 

The endocannabinoid system in our bodies regulate our cancer defense -- so it makes sense that cannabis works effectively in this area, and the science backs that up.

For those who dispute the fact that cannabis can cure cancer, I would like to refer you to numerous studies (since 1974!) that show that cannabinoids kills cancer cells, shrink tumors, halts the spread of invasive carcinomas, and prevents occurrence. I don't know if you have the energy or the interest to follow up these links, but if you do value truth over hearsay and propaganda, then I would suggest you look at them. First you have to ask yourself: why don't you know about this? (Then you should get really, really angry).

Original Univ of Va study showing that THC halts lewis lung adenocarcinoma:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/ent...

London study showing THC causes kills leukemia cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15...

University of Texas study showing the CB1 receptor (which is activated by cannabis) suppresses colorectal cancer tumor, when the receptor is lost cancer can occur.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi...

Univ of Southern Florida study showing that cannabis blocks cancer causing viruses:

http://news.bio-medicine.org/biology-...

Harvard study showing cannabis cuts lung cancer growth in half:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/...

The British Journal of Cancer reports that cannabis treats prostate cancer

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/...

Researchers at the California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute found that cannabis halts breast cancer.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/1...

A large population study of chronic cannabis smokers found that they had a REDUCED risk of head, neck and throat cancers when compared to those that did not use cannabis.

http://cancerpreventionresearch.aacrj...

Spanish study showing that THC inhibits gliomas (brain cancer).

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi...

Want more links? Here is a much more comprehensive list compiled by a wonderful woman who calls herself Granny Storm Crow:


http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-ma...

No comments: