Saturday, March 16, 2024

... Those Who Are Humbled by ...

 How could I not respond to God's request to "Come," to take His invisible hand and turn my back on all the stuff that promised me something but had delivered nothing but heartache?


From the moment I heard God's voice, my life has never been the same. And no one has ever again had to convince me that God speaks or that He is real. I know God speaks. I know He's real.


Of course since that day I've learned so much more about God. Yet all the training or theology in the world has never made me love or trust Him more than the day I first heard God talk to me. He loved me when I was unlovely -- who does that? He saved me and forgave me when I needed rescuing and forgiveness, and He came after me until I turned to Him. Everyone else had given up on me.


I've found that nothing will make you love or trust God more than when He tells you that He loves you just the way you are.


If you're struggling to survive, if you're feeling hopeless or desperate to make sense of your life, God has something specifichto say to you. I'm sure of it. Expect God to talk to you in themidst of your "out-of-control" chaos. Let God talk to you. Ifyou do, I promise your life will never be the same.


God Talks to Those Who Are Humbled by Their Circumstances


Over twenty-five years ago, I attended a conference in whichfive of the former presidents of a youth organization inspiredtheir "troops" by telling us about God-not what He did, but what He said to them. They told us of their relationships with God, their conversations with God -- how God talked to them, inspiring them afresh, even when they were greatly fatigued. They described turning-point moments when they chose to believe the impossible, identifying how and when God told them to move

No comments: