Thursday, March 23, 2017

TAPPING 3 ( What’s Stressing You Out Most?)

What’s Stressing You Out Most?

It seems the world speeds up more and more every day, doesn’t it? There’s more information to consume on a daily basis than there ever was before, and when you combine that with family issues and anything you have to deal with at work, every day can become a burden.

This is to say nothing of the issues outside of our home and work life that affect all of us, be it the economy or terrible tragedies that happen halfway around the world. They all take a toll on us.

If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance it’s because you purchased this book, “The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living.” If that’s so, you came here for an extended tapping session to help you deal with these extraordinary stresses, the ones over which you have no control.

Tapping varies for everyone: some people just need to do a few rounds to clear the negative emotions that have them all wound up; others need a few more rounds. Whichever the case is for you, it’s always great to go deeper and longer. As you do, take note of any unexpected thoughts or feelings that arise. These can often be used to help you clear your negative attachment to incidents or emotions buried in your unconscious mind that may have been tripping you up without you even knowing it!

First, take a second to think about what’s stressing you out. Is it something you saw on TV or in the newspaper? Something you heard about from a neighbor? Is everyone talking about it at work?

Once you’ve identified it, rate your stress around this situation on a scale from 0 to 10, with 10 being “absolutely true” and 0 being “not at all true.” If you’re at a level 5 or more, then this is definitely something you want to tap on. Start at the karate-chop point:

Karate Chop: Even though I’m stressed out about [fill in the blank with your world issue], I choose to relax now.
Karate Chop: Even though I can’t stop thinking about [fill in the blank with your world issue], I deeply and completely accept myself.
Karate Chop: Even though I’m really worried about [fill in the blank with your world issue], I choose to feel safe now.

Eyebrow: I’m so stressed out about this . . .
Side of Eye: It’s not right . . .
Under Eye: All these problems in the world . . .
Under Nose: They stress me out . . .
Chin: All this worry . . .
Collarbone: All this anxiety . . .
Under Arm: About this problem . . .
Top of Head: And about the world.

Eyebrow: I need to worry about these problems . . .
Side of Eye: If I don’t worry about these problems, who will?
Under Eye: I have to worry . . .
Under Nose: All this worry . . .
Chin: All this stress . . .
Collarbone: Nothing will change unless I worry . . .
Under Arm: Nothing will change unless I stress . . .
Top of Head: All this worry . . .

Has your stress lessened any? Return to the eyebrow:

Eyebrow: Things are getting worse every day. . .
Side of Eye: Where does it end?
Under Eye: I’m worried about the future. . .
Under Nose: It’s never been this bad before. . .
Chin: I don’t know what’s going to happen next. . .
Collarbone: I’m so afraid. . .
Under Arm: I’m so worried. . .
Top of Head: What can I do?

Eyebrow: Everybody should be worried about this. . .
Side of Eye: Yet people are acting like it’s business as usual. . .
Eyebrow: What am I going to do?
Side of Eye: I can’t stop thinking about this. . .
Under Eye: It makes everything difficult. . .
Under Nose: I just want to know that everything is going to be OK. . .
Chin: I just want to stop stressing out about this. . .
Collarbone: But I can’t. . .
Under Arm: It’s just too much. . .
Top of Head: I’m so worried.

Keep tapping until you find some relief, and then let’s do some positive rounds:

Eyebrow: I choose to relax . . .
Side of Eye: I choose to let go . . .
Under Eye: I can relax and still effect change . . .
Under Nose: I can let go of these negative emotions . . .
Chin: And still care . . .
Collarbone: I don’t have to be stressed out to care . . .
Under Arm: I don’t have to be stressed out to effect change . . .
Top of Head: Letting it all go.

Eyebrow: I can be concerned without stressing out about this. . .
Side of Eye: I don’t have to let this derail my day. . .
Under Eye: I can go about my life and still pay attention to what’s happening in the world. . .
Under Nose: I can do it without getting stressed out. . .
Chin: I care about the world. . .
Collarbone: But I choose to be at peace. . .
Under Arm: So I can be at my best to help. . .
Top of Head: I don’t have to let this get in the way of my life. . .

Eyebrow: I choose to be calm. . .
Side of Eye: I choose to be centered and at peace. . .
Under Eye: I choose to lend a hand where I can without losing my center. . .
Under Nose: Everything is going to be OK. . .
Chin: It’s going to be fine. . .
Collarbone: I’m going to do all I can to help. . .
Under Arm: But I’m also going to remain calm and focused. . .
Top of Head: I’m going to continue with my life. . .


Take a deep breath . . . and let it go.

No comments: