Thursday, March 23, 2017

TAPPING 6 (The Emotions in Our Pain)

The Emotions in Our Pain

So many of us experience body pains of some sort – back pain, joint pain, neck pain, you name it. Sadly, just as many of us try all kinds of remedies to eliminate these pains, but often with little to no luck at all.

There’s a profound connection between your emotions and physical pain, one that I explore in my book “The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living,” In it, I provide a tapping routine that will allow you to dig deep inside yourself to discover if there might be an emotional source for the pain you’re experiencing. Here, I’m sharing an extended version of that script in the hopes that it may shed some light on this connection and help you heal!

Tapping varies for everyone: some people just need to do a few rounds to clear the negative emotions that have them all wound up; others need a few more rounds. Whichever the case is for you, it’s always great to go deeper and longer. As you do, take note of any unexpected thoughts or feelings that arise. These can often be used to help you clear your negative attachment to incidents or emotions buried in your unconscious mind that may have been tripping you up without you even knowing it! Please explore, and keep tapping!

This process begins with an astonishingly simple premise: that if you just ask your body what’s causing your pain, it will tell you!
It’s really that simple.

Give it a try. Say, “If there’s an emotion in my [name the part of your body that’s bothering you] what is it?”

Don’t second-guess yourself here; whatever floats up into your awareness is what you need to work with. It’s where you need to start. Rate how strong this feeling is on a scale from 1 to 10, and begin by tapping on your karate chop point:

Karate Chop: Even though I have this [insert your emotion here] in my [insert your body part here], I deeply and completely accept myself.
Karate Chop: Even though I have all this ______________ in my ______________________ about what happened, I deeply and completely accept myself.
Karate Chop: Even though I have this ______________ in my ______________ , I choose to release it now.
Next, move to the tapping points.


Eyebrow: All this ______________ in my ______________ . . .
Side of Eye: I’m holding on to so much ______________ . . .
Under Eye: This ______________ about what happened . . .
Under Nose: I can’t let go of this ______________ . . .
Chin: All this ______________ in my ______________ . . .
Collarbone: I have all this ______________ about what happened . . .
Under Arm: All this ______________ . . .
Top of Head: This ______________ in my ______________ .



Eyebrow: I have tried to ignore my ________________ for so long. . .
Side of Eye: This ________________ has just been building up inside of me. . .
Under Eye: I’ve tried everything to stop this pain in my ________________ and nothing ever works. . .
Under Nose: Now I think I know what it is. . .
Chin: I’ve been holding on to this _____________ for so long. . .
Collarbone: It takes up so much of my thought and energy. . .
Under Arm: My feeling of ________________ is weighing me down. . .
Top of Head: I feel so _________________

Are you feeling any lighter? Has your feeling lessened any? Return to the eyebrow.


Eyebrow: It’s too much for me to handle. . .
Side of Eye: I’ve been feeling so ______________ for so long that I forgot. . .
Under Eye: I don’t want to feel ________________ any longer, but I can’t help it!
Under Nose: It’s so overwhelming. . .
Chin: It has become a part of me. . .
Collarbone: Ever since ___________________ I spend so much time thinking about it. . .
Under Arm: What do I have to do to stop feeling so ___________________?




Top of Head: This feeling makes me sick. . .

Eyebrow: I am filled with feelings of _________________
Side of Eye: And it is too much for me to bear. . .
Under Eye: I need to let go of this __________________
Under Nose: But I just don’t know how. . .
Chin: I’ve been carrying around this ________________ for so long. . .
Collarbone: And now it’s making me _____________________
Under Arm: I want this to stop. . ..
Top of Head: I just want this stop. . .



Repeat this routine until you’ve felt this feeling rise and subside. Once you’ve reached a level of calm with which you feel satisfied, move on to the positive rounds below.


Eyebrow: Releasing all this ______________ in my ______________ . . .
Side of Eye: Letting it go . . .
Under Eye: It’s time to let go of what happened . . .
Under Nose: And it’s time to let go of this ______________ . . .
Chin: Letting it go . . .
Collarbone: Letting all this ______________ go now . . .
Under Arm: All this ______________ . . .
Top of Head: Releasing all this ______________ in my ______________ .



Eyebrow: I’m releasing all of this __________________
Side of Eye: I don’t want it anymore. . .
Under Eye: I don’t want to feel this way anymore. . .
Under Nose: This feeling does not define me. . .
Chin: I choose to walk away from this _______________
Collarbone: It no longer has any power over me. . .
Under Arm: I choose to let go. . .
Top of Head: I choose to let it all go. . .



Eyebrow: The more _________________ I let go of, the better my ___________________ will be. . .
Side of Eye: This era is coming to an end. . .
Under Eye: I am ready to be free. . .
Under Nose: I choose to lighten my load. . .
Chin: The _______________ in my ________________ was an indication that I had to let go. . .
Collarbone: So I’m letting go. . .
Under Arm: I’m letting it all go. . .
Top of Head: I’m letting it all go. . .



Take a deep breath . . . and let it go.

No comments: