Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How Water Cured...

Depression; Numbness and Tingling:

I am writing to you because I recently purchased a copy of your book, Your Body's Many Cries for Water, which without a doubt is one of the best books I have ever read. I feel that your dedication set the tone for the whole book. The information therein has helped me personally, it has assisted me in a report of food additives I have just completed for a magazine, and I am confidence that it will help me at some stage when I resume my holistic health practice, which is on hold whilst I finish bringing up my children on my own.

About six years ago, i had two traumatic experiences within two months of each other, following which I suffered a number of symptoms, including numbness and tingling in my arms and hands every morning, recurrent depression, and a craving for carbohydrates and sweet things. I was able to control these somewhat by taking great care about my diet.

After reading your book, I decided to drink at least three liters of water a day, keeping a bottle on the floor by my desk and by my bedside at night. Since doing so, I have had a dramatic improvement in my symptoms. My depression has been less frequent and less able to take a hold, the symptoms in my arms are less severe, my energy has been up consistently, and I have been better able to keep up my motivation regarding my diet. My problems have never included weight gain, but my body has sometimes been rather flabby and low in muscle tone. I have noticed that if on a particular day I forget to drink the required amount of water, my symptoms recur or the improvement is less marked. I am trying therefore to keep up the habit.

I found your remarks about aspartame very helpful in writing my report. I understand that this and food additives are very hazardous and that their approval rests on studies which have been widely criticized. Indeed, aspartame and mono sodium glutamate(MSG), from what I have read, do appear to be implicated in many neurological and behavioural symptoms, and I wonder if train drivers and footballers could be among the people affected by them. I always avoid them, having suffered a very nasty attack after a chop-suey meal in 1976.

I particularly appreciated your book because the therapy does not suppress the human being's power to heal. You are most welcome to use my name and comments as a testimonial of the water therapy.

Yours sincerely.
D.R.H., BA, CertED,LCH

No comments: