Wednesday, April 15, 2009

source from www.cacare.com

Too Smart, Too Educated and Too Demanding

No healing For Those Who Acted Too Smart, Too Educated and Too Demanding

Nut underwent palliative surgery after receiving 14 cycles of chemotherapy. At first the treatment showed good response. Then the CEA started to increase from 5.7 in November 2002, to 24.6 in March 2003. In short, Nut’ story was a story of disappointment – an illusion at its best.


No healing For Those Who Acted

Too Smart, Too Educated and Too Demanding



Mr. Nut was a 56-year-old male. Sometime in January 2001, he went to see a doctor with a history of bloody stools. A colonoscopy indicated colon cancer. An ultrasound scan demonstrated multiple metastases in the liver.

Nut underwent palliative surgery after receiving 14 cycles of chemotherapy. At first the treatment showed good response. Then the CEA started to increase from 5.7 in November 2002, to 24.6 in March 2003. A CT scan showed the liver lesions were larger compared to the previous examination.

In short, Nut’ story was a story of disappointment: after the operation and chemotherapy, there seemed to be high hope and encouraging sign. The tumour shrunk and the CEA went down. But that high hope did not last – an illusion at its best. A few months later, the tumour grew in size and the CEA shot up.

Nut came to see me in Penang in December 2003. He spent more than an hour interrogating me about our therapy. He was looking for options and wanted to go to Singapore to seek further treatment after this. At the end of our meeting I said this to him: Go home and think what you want to do. There is NO NEED for you to see me again. Should you decide to take the herbs, then this is the prescription.


To my surprise, Nut came to our centre in late December 2003 and decided to take our herbs.

On 19 January 2004, we received a long note about Nut suffering from stomach spasm and wind. The note said: This stomach spasm pain had been a somewhat persistent occurrence since my first colon-rectal operation in January 2001. Nut complained that this pain had recurred since taking the herbs. The Stomach Function herb did not seem to work. Then there was this remark: … with my current diet, there are very little left to eat.

In another long note, dated 23 January 2004 he wrote: I have never been much of a rice eater by nature, and much as I’ve tried hard to eat, the advised brown rice and plain veggies, I am finding it harder and harder to consume… The medicinal herbal tea recommended – I find them foul smelling and vile tasting. I am beginning to suspect that some of these teas are contributing towards my wind stomach condition.

On 30 March 2004, Nut made an appointment to see me in Subang Jaya. He came and shouted at me saying: I am not getting any better. My blood test results showed that the values had increased.
He demanded: What have you got for me? Can you cure me or not?
My answer to him was plain and blunt: No we cannot cure anybody.
He replied: I have wasted three and a half months of my time. You did not say that you cannot cure me before. He walked off and left.


Comments: Of the many hundreds or thousands of cancer patients I have met and helped, Nut’s case stands out as one of the outstanding one. I am documenting this episode, not because I am angry or upset about it, but I am hoping that by writing this many others who come after him can all learn some lessons from such a case. Let me point out the following:

1.Liver cancer patients are often bad tempered and are angry people. So, those of you who have to care for such patients, take note. In the face of such rudeness and bad manners, try to show understanding and love. Such behaviour is part of the hazard of people suffering from liver cancer.


2.Very often, I have told patients this: healing is your responsibility and it must come from within. It would be a mistake to think that others have magic bullets to cure your cancer. Such thinking is misguided.


3.When Nut was diagnosed with colon cancer, the medical report indicated that he underwent palliative surgery. What this means is that such surgery is not meant to cure! In actual fact, Nut had already lost his battle even before he started the fight.


4.Besides colon cancer, Nut had liver metastases. Fourteen cycles of toxic chemo drugs did not cure him. He did know where else to go to for help and came to us. When I first met him in December, I knew from our conversation that he would be a very difficult patient to handle – he appeared too smart and too educated. Patients who are arrogant and acted as if they know everything generally have difficulty following our therapy.


5.It came to me as a surprise when I learnt that Nut decided to take the herbs. I understand he was desperate. And I must say most patients who come to see us for help are in the same category – lost, helpless, desperate and hopeless.


6.As all those who come here already know, we require patients to sign the Release of Liability form before they see us or take our herbs. The first clause in this form said: I have on my own free will come to seek advice and help from Dr. Chris Teo and members of his CA Care with regards to my illness. I acknowledge that there is no guarantee or promise that the herbs provided by CA Care can benefit or cure my sickness. Nut signed this form when he came to see me on 19 December 2003. Nut’s wife also signed another form when she came to collect the herbs later on. So his outburst was illogical and ill mannered. He had forgotten that by displaying such arrogance, the real loser is himself, not anybody else.


7.Generally when people are in trouble and need help they will follow and listen to our advise. But when they become well or unwell, they will speak with different tongues. Sometime, we become their punching bags or scapegoats.


8.Unknown to many, how patients present themselves would indicate to me if he/she can make it or not. His/her attitude, facial expressions, emotional problems, lifestyle, commitment, family support etc. are observed and noted – all these enable me to assess and figure out the REAL person we are dealing with. If a patient thinks he/she comes here wanting a quick fix or magic bullet, let it be known – we have none! Such thinking is grossly misguided. Cancer is a systemic disease of the body, mind and spirit. It is a result of a constant abuse of the body over years. The tumour is just an expression of such abuse. Removing the tumour is never a cure or the answer if the underlying cause of the problem is never addressed or corrected.


9.Nut, according to his medical report suffered from rectal bleeding for seven months and he ignored the signal that the body was sending him. Was he ignorant or was he stubborn? He wanted to play the game according to his own rule? Be warned – in cancer game, you seldom or can never win. Chances are you will lose badly and dearly. Again, the medical report indicated that in 1996, Nut contracted hepatitis B but he still drank alcohol about a couple of times a week. He smoked approximately 30 cigarettes per day. Is this not a blatant abuse of the body? I dare say to anyone, if you persist with such habits, don’t blame others or God if you find yourself in bottomless pit. You cause your own cancer!

10. Nut was a plantation manager. From what I know, such people (not all?) have colonial mentality. They are regarded as gods in their kingdoms or estate. They would bark at their assistants, clerks and illiterate workers. Their wishes were obeyed and never questioned. They give orders not receiving orders. It is hard for such a person to follow this holistic path of healing. Nut protested about his diet. He could NOT eat what he likes anymore. To him, the herbs were foul smelling and bad in taste. His notes to us showed his anger and hatred towards what he was doing. Under such stress nobody can find any healing?


11. Nut is not the only person who felt this way. From my experience, only THREE out of ten patients who come seemed to benefit from our work, the remaining seven failed for reasons like this. But what are we to do? If you are unhappy or NOT prepared to walk this journey, go elsewhere for other options.

Option to recognise the nature will always heal slowly, surely and naturally. Goggle Healthy Wealth, share Healthy Wealth and spread healthy wealth with one and all, while time still permit us. Thank you.

No comments: