Fungi/mushroom cure cancer,why?
1.The herb reishi (Lingzhi) and another fungus Yunzhi can help ameliorate the negative side effects of chemotherapy and to enhance anti-tumor immune responses. These herbs, together with Cordyceps, another fungus, are among the most commonly used to treat cancer cells. These herbs act via innate immunity.
2.Yunzhi extracts contain biologically active substances called peptidoglycans, which improve the lymphocyte (white blood cell- fight the intruders/abnormality in cells) counts of immuno compromised subjects.
3.Another fungus, Chaga, are being used extensively in northern China to treat cancer patients. Mostly obtained from Siberia this herb has been used for more than 400 years in Russia, Mongolia, and Korea.
4.The herbs Ginkgo biloba and garlic are also used to restore immunity. Many other herbal treatments for cancer are found. Source: Management of Cancer with Chinese Medicine by Li Peiwen which has recently been translated into English.
5.Indeed, two of the most dramatic advances in Western oncology during the past decade -- All Transretinoic Acid (ATRA) and arsenic trioscide for acute promyelocytic leukemia -- were developed in China, though the main research was carried out in centres specializing in Western medicine. Beware of many Western "copycats-companies" which just make claims falsely using these ingredients as their basis of their copy-products for quick gain.
6.In effect, fungi are molecule disassembler : they take the complex compounds created by plants, such as cellulose, carbohydrates, and protein and disassemble them so that they can be easily digested. By contrast, plants are molecular assemblers, taking very simple compounds made of nitrogen, carbon, and sometimes water and combining them into complex forms such as amino acids, proteins, carbohydrates, and cellulose.
7. In nature, fungi are the great recyclers. To feed itself, but also to assist plants in getting the nutrients they need, a fungus (mushroom for example) breaks down organic matter into essential elements.
8. There are over 1,500,000 species of fungi on earth. Mushrooms constitute at least 14,000,and as many as 20,000, known species, but this may be less than 10% of the total. About 700 species are eaten as food, and 50 or so species are poisonous.
9.Fungi make up about a quarter of the biomass of the earth.
Fungi are something of a cleanser in that they transform organic matter into nutrients that plants and animals can feed on.
10. Without fungi, matter would be crowded with dead animals and plants.
11. Mushrooms are potent medicines and contain many nutrients. Medicinal mushrooms you take, you get back in touch with the essential forces of the earth. Medicinal power for the good of all.
12.Beta-glucans in Agaricus blazei are more potent than those of other mushrooms.An immune modulator and a defence against cancer.
Beta-glucans are polysaccharides, or sugar molecules, thought to stimulate and balance the immune system.
13. The inhabitants of Piedade, located 120 miles (200 km) southeast of Sao Paulo, Brazil, nice place to visit, had a low rates of geriatric disease and a reputation for longevity, enjoyed long life because they were eating mushroom of Agaricus family as part of their diet.
14.Agaricus blazei was shown to have higher levels of beta-glucan than maitake mushroom, shiitake, or reishi mushrooms. Agaricus blazei contain (1-6)-(1-3)-beta -D-glucans, polysaccharide-protein complex, RNA-protein complexes, and gluco-mannan.
("manna" is a Hebrew word used in the Bible referring to the food the Jews collected and ate during their journey in Canaan. It means "what is it".)
15.Agaricus blazei also increased an important component, called C3, of the complement system, part of the innate immune system.