Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Loving Memory ....

IN LOVING MEMORY OF BONNIE

A light has gone out of the world with the loss of Bonnie. We know she brought joy to your lives everyday. Bonnie, your time with us was too short and you have left a terrible void in the hearts of those who knew and loved you. To know Bonnie was to love her. She loved everyone and always wagged her tail and greeted you with a great big vocal hello. She not only greeted you vocally, she spoke volumes with her warm loving eyes. Bonnie will be forever missed and the unbearable pain of her loss is a tribute to the unconditional love she gave so freely.

Someone once said that time heals everything. They must not have had a dog.

With the passing of our Bichon, Sunny, I grieved more than I grieved for anybody including my parents. I don't know if that was good or bad. I only know that it was. I loved my parents just as much as the next person. I was very close to my mother. The bond I had with my dog was unlike any other. I could only imagine that losing a child could be all that is worse.

When you have the companionship of a dog for many years you often think of how innocent they are and how much they really depend on you. When they hurt, you hurt and when there is nothing you can do to help them, you hurt even more.

Everybody is different and there is no right or wrong way to grieve. We wanted to grieve. We cried like babies. We canceled all of our appointments for days and stayed in our home and cried. We cried so much it hurt. We cried until there were no more tears to cry and then we sobbed. Don't hold back. That can't be good. Allow those emotions to flow. Get it all out. Take the phone off the hook and escape with all your memories. We found peace in looking at all the pictures we took of our Sunny Boy. You eventually get through the worst of it, although even to this day we could not talk about that saddest of days when we lost Sunny, without our eyes welling up with tears.

Someone once said that time heals everything. They must not have had a dog.

Bob, we certainly do not know how you feel. But, we do know this. These are some of the worst days of your life. We pray for you because we know that this is all we can do. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will ease the pain. Bob and Connie... you have our deepest sympathy.

No comments: