Saturday, December 10, 2016

STUPENDOUS RESULTS #7

Dear Dr. Batmanghelidj ,

  I am writing to comment on and express my thanks for your research and your book Your Body's Many Cries for Water. I found it very concise and logical in its presentation and helpful in its message.

  I would also like to relay my experience prior to reading your book and the implementation of drinking more water.  I have no physical illness that I am aware of and enjoy good health, yet for all of my adult life I struggled with depressive states.  These states are not predictable and I have found little effective remedy other than simply to endure and wait. Without describing my depression I can say that for me it was often near debilitating and I have as a consequence done considerable experimentation in an effort to find relief. 

  I have tried numerous therapies both additive and subtractive. In the additive, I've tried acupuncture, homeopathy, Chinese herbs, Western herbs, chiropractic , sound and color therapy, chemical drugs , vitamins , essential oils, more light, colon cleansing , ozone and oxygen supplements , meditation , individual and group psychotheraphy , macrobiotic diet, and more exercise . In the subtraction I have eliminates amalgam fillings, caffeine, meat and sugar , alcohol and drugs , and all foods , during certain periods in my life. 

In regard to the effects of these trials I can say that only the increasing exposure to natural sunlight and use of antidepressant chemical drugs have had a noticeable effect on my depression.  I still get more sunlight but have abandoned drugs due to unacceptable side effects and concerns over long-term dependency. 

I read "Your Body's Many Cries for Water" nearly three months ago and started drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day two months ago.  I think that after this time I can with relative certainty say that there has been a marked improvement in my mood and absence of depressive states. This I say as a general statement. There are times when I feel low but on the whole I feel much improved. I have much humor and my thoughts are much more optimistic .  I have observed that even a single day without drinking water has a negative effect. 

I feel compelled to thank you for your work and for bringing it to the public. Although I cannot comment on the relationship between drinking more water and other maladies I would not hesitate to recommend the book and the practice of drinking more water to anyone who struggles with depression.

Cordially,
J.W. 

No comments: