(Reported by Lee Hui Chieh, Wednesday, August 13 2008.Page B3, TST Singapore)
(Let's read and see what is "new")
1. A NEW drug which lowers the heart rate and reduces chest pains for heart patients as effectively as standard drugs, but with fewer side effects, was launched here (Singapore) yesterday .
2. The drug, ivabradine, will probably be most useful for about a third of heart patients who need medication to relieve their chest pains, but for whom standard drugs do not work or cannot be used, cardiologists say.
3. The drug was launched in Europe in 2005 and is already available in 45 countries.
4. About 4 per cent of the population here (Singapore), or about 100,000 people, suffer from angina, or intermittent episodes of chest pains that usually stem from clogged arteries impeding oxygen-carrying blood from reaching the heart.
5. Many patients are given a type of standard drug called beta blockers, which slows down their heart rate and eases the pains.
6. But beta blockers do not work, or are not suitable,for about a third (1/3) of patients, said consultant cardiologist Peter Yan.
7. Those with asthma, for example, cannot use beta blockers as they ca cause breathlessness. Other side effects include fatigue, dizziness, dry mouth, eyes and skin, as well as cold hands and feet.
8. Studies overseas have shown the new drug does not cause most of these side effects. The new drug causes one in 10 users to see flashes of light or feel dizzy, but these usually go away with time.
9. Studies have also found the new drug to work as well as beta blockers in reducing patients' heart rate and chest pains.
10. After a year on new drug, their heart rates were lowered by five to 25 beats per minute, with those who started with heart rates of over 85 beats per minute experiencing the chest pains.
11. But the new drug is unlikely to replace beta blockers as it is too costly, among other reasons, said Dr Yan. A day's supply costs about S$4, compared to as low as 10 cents a day for older blockers.
12. It is not known for now if the new drug can reduce heart patients' risk of dying from a heart attack, like beta blockers can.
13. A three-year study on more than 10,000 patients in 33 countries has been done to investigate this aspect and the results will be announced at a major European health conference at the end of this month (August).
Healthy visitor, healthier life need correct nature diet, mental soundness, and intelligent body nurture. Our health doesn't use the promotional words, "miracle, fad, or revolutionary", a "cure-all" drug or "new drug", a food supplement, or a revolutionary exercise program, ... our body health doesn't need them! Our basic body need basic produce, in order to achieve freedom from dis-ease.
Comment, criticism, fair comment and commentator are most welcome. That's how we learn and grow ,right?
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE : The result of impurities in the blood vessels. The only way impurities can get into the blood stream is (1) by hypodermic injections and drugs, whether taken as medicine or otherwise; (2) by deposits in the blood stream of inorganic atoms accumulating from cooked and processed foods, particularly the concentrated starches and sugars; and (3) by retention of waste in the eliminative organs and channels.
The recurrence of high blood pressure within families is not due to heredity, as erroneously supposed by some, unless we consider the degenerated condition of the mother's blood stream (due to eating inorganic foods) as her hereditary gift to her child. The only hereditary trait is the kind and quality of the food the family as a whole habitually indulges in; if this contains an excessive proportion of cooked foods and concentrated carbohydrates, it is only natural that a nutritional deficiency should manifest in most, if not in all its members.
REMEDY: #1,#2,#3, #4 (choose one)
LOW BLOOD PRESSURE: Primarily due to nutritional deficiency as a result of eating all or mostly cooked and processed foods, and in any case as a rule because of the absence from the diet of fresh raw vegetables juices which can be quickly and efficiently used in the regeneration of the blood corpuscles. One very serious contributing cause for LOW BLOOD PRESSURE is lack of proper and sufficient rest. Each hour's sleep before 10:00p.m. is worth more than two hours' sleep in the morning. Smoking and alcoholic drinks are paramount reasons for HIGH and LOW BLOOD PRESSURES.
REMEDY : #1,#2,#3, #5, #6, #7 (choose one)
Fresh-Raw-Juice Formula Proportions
(BOLD type formula numbers found to be essential for best results. Regular type numbers have also proven to be effective.
#1 Carrot 10 oz. Spinach 6 oz.=16oz.(480ml).
#2 Carrot 7oz. Celery 4oz. Parsley 2oz. Spinach 3oz. =16oz.
#3 Carrot 10oz. Beet 3oz. Cucumber 3oz.=16oz.
#4 Spinach 16oz.
#5 Carrot 16oz.
#6 Carrot 11oz. Beet 3oz. Coconut 2oz. = 16oz.
#7 Spinach 16oz.(for LOW BLOOD PRESSURE)
It is never too late or too early to revise and be wise again for the rest of our journey.......
Use Water-cure. Rather be thankful for the timely warning, and do something about it.
Drink at least 10% of your own daily water-quota (31.42 ml multiply by your present body weight(kg), every 90 minutes. Use 1/4 teaspoon of sea-salt in your daily diet, for every 1250 ml water drank.
Pain is a sign/signal produced by dehydration in the human body. Pain may be common but it is not normal.
To simplify complications is the FIRST essential of success.
Asthma symptom is due to the body over production of histamine which was due to prolonged-dehydration set in the lungs. If one does not understand the solvent paradigm and continue to approach the symptom/sign using the old "solid" paradigm, another or more 'new' drugs will not solve the high blood pressure or low blood pressure. The pain felt by patient is indicator that affected area is droughting out. The patient is dehydrating/thirst, he/she is not sick. Use water-cure and reverse the condition. Safe and natural.