Thursday, March 26, 2009

Salt:

How do I start?
How do I began to thank you for saving my mother's life? Had we not spoken on the phone and had you not expanded on the data in your book, I firmly believe my mother would be dead. With the salt & water data and our frequent discussions, i believe you have given her a second chance to rehabilitate and recuperate.

When her sodium was 108 (140 is normal) your directions brought her up to 127, in effect rescuing her from the edge of death. When her doctor said she had only two options - using so little water that her kidneys would fail or using more water and dropping her sodium back to a dangerous level, you came up with the third option, using an onion extract to help her kidneys retain sodium. With that knowledge I have been able to keep her sodium level at 130 and increase her water to about 2900 cc's a day. Even with the medication she was on and the 40 mg Lasix twice a day, the salt and water have had significant effect on her health and her edema.

It has also helped me tremendously with the amount of stress that I am under every day. Thank you Dr.Batmanghelidj - from both of us from the bottom of our hearts.

Sincerely,
John & Mom

No comments: