Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ASK THE DOC.

CAN'T STOP BURPING

I've had a digestive problem for many years. I burp and belch when I,m hungry or too full.

I try to eat five small meals a day to avoid being hungry. Doctors have advised me not to bend down or lie down after eating. One doctor said I said I may have a reflux problem.

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night, hours after my last meal, and belch for up to 15 minutes. I am above 50 and weigh 55kg. What is the root of the problem?

Question by troubled. (From TODAY (Singapore), Tuesday JULY 22,2008, page 25.You can read the reply from Dr Ong Wai Choung , Consultant, Department of Gastroenterology, Singapore General Hospital)
===========================================
What is the root of the problem? Its me reply,"Unintentional-prolonged-dehydration set in."

Remedy: using his weight ,55kg ,multiply by 31.42 ml = 1728.10 ml of water daily.
Round this figure up to 1800 ml. He should drink 180 ml of water every 90 minutes. Quit all coffee, can drinks, alcohol.

In the same way you don't let your car(if you have one) run out of petrol before you refill the gas tank, the human body MUST NOT be allowed to become dehydrated before you drink your water.
*Water should be drunk before meals. The optimum time is 30 minute before eating. This prepares the digestive tract, particularly in people with gastritis, duodenitis, heartburn, peptic ulcer, colitis, or gas-producing indigestion.

*Water should be taken anytime you are thirsty - even during meals.

*Water should be taken two and a half (2.5) hours after a meal to complete the process of digestion and correct the dehydration caused by food breakdown.

*Water should be taken first thing in the morning to correct dehydration produced during long sleep.

*Water should be taken before exercising to have it available for creating sweat.

* Water should be taken by people who are constipated and don't eat sufficient fresh fruits and vegetables. Two to three glasses of water first thing in the morning act as a most effective laxative.
=======================================

No comments: