Thursday, July 3, 2008

What WHOLE foods can really do?

The power of nutrients to prevent and cure disease is being researched around the world.

Hello respected reader of "Healthy Wealth", I am a great example of what whole foods can do. I am a senior citizen and have been eating whole foods since the 1960s. I feel great, have lots of energy and rarely get sick. This is not how I spent most of my youth and university years, however. I was always sick. I had bronchitis, tonsillitis, colds and every flu that came by, and felt half dead most of the time. I was twenty-five before I found out that healthy people don't blow their noses every day before getting out of bed. Everybody in my family did it; I had always done it. But when I changed to a whole-foods diet, I never had postnasal drip again.

When I was a child, we always had white bread; even the bread my mother made was white. We also had what I call "white death"- white sugar, and I drank a lot of artificially sweetened drinks then, too. My mother cooked what used to be called "English style:" everything was boiled to death. All the enzymes required for good metabolism were gone because they don't withstand heat of 118 deg F (48 deg C) or more. My heart goes out to today's young people who have grown up with processed foods and nothing else.

Often, their medical records tell the story of what it's done to them. I know of a study conducted at a school where teen aged students were asked to record what they ate for sixteen days. believe it or not, a whopping 17 percent of them did not eat one piece of war food, fruit or vegetable, the entire time. Everything they ate was cooked, and therefore depleted, or completely devoid, of enzymes.

Warmest regards,
Kathleen O'Bannon, CNC.

No comments: